Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Homework

Maddie's had homework every week since school started, but lately, it's like fighting a lion for a steak to get her to do it. Is this what I have to look forward to? She whines, she cries, she rolls on the floor, you name it, she's tried it. I even found her sitting in the bathroom trying to make me think she would be there for a while! I am soooo not looking forward to the teenage years.

I can't believe it's time to register her for school already. We register on Monday. I'm going to take her with me so we can hang out around the school for a little while. I think I will be more nervous about how she is going to adjust from private school, with only 8 kids in her class to a large public school. I must admit though that I'm looking forward to NOT paying tuition anymore.

Anyway, I'm signing them up for a dance class this summer and am waiting to see what kind of classes our parks & rec have to offer. I'm also going to be working on a 1st grade curriculum with Maddie and a K curriculum with Katie. We are going to "have school" every morning. Can you tell I'd really love to homeschool them!

Give your kids a hug!
Julie

1 comment:

  1. funny girl... i thought that was a boy thing.. wait my boys do their homework they just forget it on the couch, at the fount door on the bus... you get the idea

    ReplyDelete