Saturday, January 16, 2010

So proud of my girls

As I sit here and type, I feel so thankful and grateful for the things I have in my life. Sunday morning, a little boy died when his house caught fire. His family lost everything.

My sister-in-law knows the family. When David was telling us about it at breakfast this morning my girls really surprised me. They heard that there was a 2year old little girl who not only lost a brother, a home, but her clothing and toys. They jumped into action. Madeleine came down stairs carrying her Lucky dog (it does tricks and responds to voice commands) and said she wanted that little girl to have Lucky. That prompted Katie to bring down her Fisher Price doll house to give her. Books, stuffed animals and clothing followed. We are taking 2 bags of toys and clothing to Sweeny today.

I'm so proud of my girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment