Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Life Lesson #1

Hard work =REWARD
Happy Girls

The girls learned today that hard work earns them rewards. We've been instituting a new chore system/reward system. They have set chores they must complete daily. When they complete a task they earn a smiley face. At the end of the week, if they have completed their "job" they get a reward.


The last few weeks, I've really felt like I've had to nag them to get their jobs done. I was getting frustrated and ready to just do their jobs myself. But my 2 precious girls really surprised me today. While I was on the phone with my aunt (HI Ber-Ber!), they took it upon themselves to go into the laundry room, get the clothes out of the dryer and fold ALL the towels! By themselves...without me nagging! I couldn't believe it. They even put them away without me asking. I guess our new system is making a difference.


I decided to really reward them to make a point of their taking the initiative to do a job without me telling them to. So...we went to Build A Bear. They LOVE build A Bear! I'm ashamed to say that between the two of them we have about 15 different animals from there.


Any way, they each picked out a dog, an outfit and shoes. Katie came home with a Jack Russell Terrier (it looks like our Maggie) and named her Fancy. Maddie chose a Border Collie (like our Harley) and named her Kaylee. Maddie's little dog ended up with a polka-dot bikini and purple flip flops! Katie's little Fancy got a pink floral dress and matching sketchers.

As I sit here typing, they are currently playing with all their build a bears happy as larks.

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment